We know that there are tons of dogs in America.
While there are many popular breeds, none are like the Labrador! These beauties are the ultimate family dog. They are the perfect hiking partner. They are an all-around lovable and treasured four-legged family member. Lab puppies are one of our favorite breeds for families, and they fit in well in almost any environment. Here is the list of facts we’ve put together for lab puppies.
Check out some interesting facts about the lovable Labrador Retriever:
- These are large breed dogs. They have an average weight of 55 to 75 pounds and a lifespan of 10 to 14 years.
- The Lab is actually from Newfoundland. This is where they were retrievers of fowl and small game for hunters. Their short, very dense, and water resistant coats helped the lab puppies wade into the cold water.
- Labradors were officially recognized by the American Kennel Club in 1917, in their sporting group. They are accepted in three colors which are yellow, chocolate and black. They have no additional markings.
- Lab puppies require brushing and de-shedding constantly to keep their undercoats looking nice, healthy, and shiny.
- Lab puppies are a very active breed. This means they will need daily exercise. Take them on lots of walks. Give them tons of playtime. Allow them to run (supervised of course) as often as possible. Do anything you can think of to keep them active and burning off all of their energy!